Contact Us

SMS Text Your Librarians (707) 736-6980
Doyle Reference Librarians (707) 527-4548
Mahoney Reference Librarians (707) 778-3975

Answered By: Canon Crawford
Last Updated: May 20, 2016     Views: 223

General education certification is a document signed by a community college stating that you have completed lower division GE requirements. 

Becoming GE certified means that the university cannot require you to take any additional lower division GE. (You will probably be required to fulfill some upper division GE requirements for graduation from the university.)

If you attend more than one community college, your GE certification must be provided by the last one you attend. That college will confirm GE completion using all the GE courses you have completed at all higher education institutions you have attended.

Request the IGETC pattern for UC or CSU General Education certifica­tion at the time you have final transcripts sent to your destination school. Check the box on the Transcript Request form to request IGETC or CSU certification.

Find more information through the Transfer Center.

Ask A Question

Please use this form if Chat is offline or if you wish to receive an email from a librarian.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.